Friday, October 24, 2014

What is Life?

My favorite question to ask has always been, "What is life?" I say it in a jokingly way, but today as I was walking through our campus in the morning, I watched all around me. The beauty of all the leaves on the ground, all the colors of fall. I thought to myself, life is beautiful. Life is a gift, just like everything else we have. Another day on this earth is a blessing. Sometimes we may feel overwhelmed and feel like we just want to quit, but why quit now when you've gotten this far??? For me I realize life is everything. When asking others, they say life is just the people and the animals inhabiting this earth. I believe it is much more than that. Life is birth, it is death, sorrow, love, and so much more. We make mistakes and we learn from them (sometimes, hopefully we do...). I watched the movie, Heaven is for real, amazing movie by the way, very touching and something I remember from the movie is what the dad said, we all have had a piece of heaven, whether it is when we carry a child for the first time, when we leave our parents for the first time and see how much they mean to us, etc. If things like those small pieces of heaven make us feel so much, can you imagine what the real heaven is like? Life is a piece of heaven. Cherish it, enjoy it, live it. "We only live once, but if we do it right, once is enough."







No comments:

Post a Comment